* Now accepting Tricare, Aetna and United *
The charge for a consultation includes the visit, a personalized care plan, a letter to mom’s or baby’s health care provider, and up to three 10 minute follow-up phone calls, texts or e-mails. Although the Affordable Care Act mandates coverage of lactation services, each insurance company determines what services and professionals they will cover. If your insurance company is not listed above, paperwork with the appropriate codes is provided for the family to submit a claim to their insurance company for possible reimbursement. A referral from your or your baby’s health care provider is be helpful for being reimbursed by insurance.
- Prenatal visit (1 hour) $60
- Initial lactation visit (1½ to 2 hours) $125
- Follow-up or new concern (1 hour) $60
* Until the new cases of Covid-19 are consistently declining, home visits are available on a very limited and case to case basis. Telehealth visits have been found to be very helpful.
- Zoom/Skype Initial (1½ hours) $90
- Zoom/Skype, Follow-up (1 hour) $60
- Phone (30 minutes) $25
Cash, check and PayPal are accepted. If finances are a problem we can discuss an adjustment in the fee. Please ask!
*A report in 2013 shows that the cost of NOT breastfeeding for the baby’s first year is over $1,700; not included is the extra cost of healthcare expenses of your child and missed work days for the parents.
Trent Hamm “The Simple Dollar” December 10, 2013
Gift Certificates are available and are a thoughtful grandparent or baby shower gift.
Not sure? please call 919.606.4565 or complete the Contact Form.